Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sister Kimball's Friends


When anyone of the workers at our apartments approaches me and wants to talk to me it is only to find out "where's my Friend?". That is what they ask exactly, to them all, she is their friend. She will take some food out to them if she is trying out a new recipe, they see her out behind the apartments feeding the birds, they are there when she does the laundry, they thought it was funny and strange when mom took such a liking to a rooster that was tied by the foot and which was soon to become someone's dinner, they know she is their friend when one has a newborn baby die and she talks to them and gives him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and he passes it around, and most of all when she lines up one of the men when he says he wants to know about her church with his seven children to be taught by the Elders. SHE IS THEIR FRIEND IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD. Every one of them break into a smile when they see her, it is something to behold. I like it all cause I am her friend too. --Elder Kimball

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Sister Karen Elizabeth is my friend,too! Cute entry Elder K! LOVE YOU GUYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. No surprises there! Karen has always brought sunshine and smiles wherever she goes. Thant heaven I can call her friend too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! My computer is finally letting me comment. I was at the BYU game with Dan, and Nate and Brian sat behind us. It was so fun to see them. I really miss you and your family. I hear you are doing wonderful things and I am excited to keep up with you on your blog. I love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete